Sarasota Business & Corporate Attorney
Experienced Sarasota Business and Corporate Attorneys
Starting a business is hard. Keeping that business afloat is even more difficult, as 80 percent of businesses fail within 18 months, according to Forbes. The way a business is run completely determines whether or not it will be profitable. Having the best product out there does not mean anything if the business operations are not competent. Whether dealing with employees, suppliers, or business associates, the amount of skill needed in order to avoid negative and costly scenarios is vast.
Legal Counsel to Stave Off Future Issues and Disputes
The most sure way to win a legal argument is to never have one in the first place. Our Sarasota business & corporate law attorneys can help your business, no matter the size, adhere to all pertinent rules and regulations. Whether you accidentally violate a state law or federal law, the outcome can be the same: serious financial cost and even jail time. The attorneys of HD Law Partners offer experienced consultation so that you meet all requirements under the Florida Business Corporation Act and so that legal problems are never issues in the first place. Our areas of experience are included in the following:
- Business formation and classification;
- Creating guidelines for shareholders and creating a board of directors;
- Drafting and overseeing legal contracts that will help to deter disputes and protect your company’s interests;
- Legal advice on the purchase or sale of other businesses, including business materials;
- Mergers and acquisitions in order to protect your interests;
- Overseeing state and federal code compliance;
- Supervision of banking practices and financial statements; and
- Protection against federal securities violations.
Overseeing Proper Employee Regulations to Avoid Future Disputes and Financial Losses
One of the quickest ways to ruin a business or incur a massive financial loss is to inadvertently violate employment laws and standards. Businesses can lose millions in lawsuits if they do not take the necessary steps to ensure that all federal and state workplace laws are met. In fact, small and medium sized U.S. businesses have an 11.7 percent chance of being sued for an employment violation, according to the Claims Journal. Our business and corporate attorneys of HD Law Partners are intimately familiar with all U.S. Department of Labor regulations and can help you protect your company by offering advice in all of the following areas:
- Correct hiring procedures to avoid discrimination;
- Creating terms of employment;
- Non-compete clauses;
- Wages and hourly requirements;
- Employee benefits;
- Consistency with Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) regulations; and
- Administration and claims defense in regards to Florida workers’ compensation program.
Contact an Experienced Sarasota Business & Corporate Law Attorney Today
The Sarasota Business and Corporate Law Attorney at the Sarasota law offices of HD Law Partners are experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate about finding the best solution to a given problem for our clients. We boast 40 years of of combined legal experience and have successfully represented clients of all sizes and types throughout those four decades. We work to obtain the best possible outcome for your company’s interests and assets. Contact us today for immediate assistance no matter what your needs may be.