Tampa Business & Corporate Attorney
Professional Florida Business and Corporate Lawyers
Owning and operating a business involves dealing with a variety of different types of transactions and contracts that have the potential to significantly impact your profits and overall success. In the course of day to day operations, issues pertaining to employees, servicers, suppliers, and other business associates require careful handling, as well as a level of experience and skill to avoid potential negative repercussions.
At HD Law Partners, our Tampa business & corporate law attorneys possess the legal knowledge and competence necessary to help prevent potential problems before they occur, while addressing any present difficulties you may be facing. With over 40 years’ combined experience in representing clients in a variety of types and sizes of business, we act as a strong legal advocate to ensure your company’s assets and best interests are protected.
Business Formation Lawyer
At HD Law Partners, our Tampa business attorneys have helped countless startups decide which form works best for their business. Consider the following:
- Sole proprietorship. This is the easy form to create. A business owner simply uses their Social Security Number as their tax ID and reports profits or losses on Schedule C of their personal tax return. You do not need to file an application with the state to form a sole proprietorship. However, sole proprietors are personally responsible for all business debts and liabilities.
- Two or more people can agree to jointly create a business. A partnership does not need to file anything with the State of Florida. However, partners should create a partnership agreement since each partner is personally liable for all business debts and obligations, including lawsuits.
- A corporation is owned by its shareholders. Corporations typically separate owners from the day-to-day operations of the business. All shareholders are shielded from personal liability for business lawsuits. For example, if an injured consumer sues the company, they cannot reach through and seize the assets of the owners.
- A limited liability company is a corporate-partnership hybrid. It provides owners with limited liability for business obligations and debts, just like a corporation. However, LLCs also offer the flexibility of a partnership.
Understanding which business form to create requires a sensitive analysis of your present and future goals, as well as your industry. You must also create necessary documents that lay out how your business will be run. Contact a Tampa business lawyer for more information about your options.
Business Disputes Lawyer
Often, disputes break out between owners or between businesses. At HD Law Partners, we have represented members of the business community in a variety of disputes, including:
- Partnership disputes. Disagreements can crop up when the partnership wants to remove a partner or one wants to retire or sell his ownership interest.
- Contract disputes. A vendor might have breached a contract with you. In this situation, you might sue them for damages you have suffered.
- Breach of fiduciary duty. Directors of corporations owe their shareholders certain duties, such as not to unfairly benefit from the company. We can represent either shareholders or the board of directors in these kinds of disputes.
These are only some of the disputes that the business law attorneys at HD Law Partners are prepared to handle.
Employment Litigation Lawyer
Florida and federal law lays down a complicated network of rules and regulations touching all aspects of the employment relationship. For example, you might soon find yourself embroiled in:
- Wrongful termination case
- Sexual harassment charge
- Discrimination allegations
- Wage and hour disputes
These lawsuits not only hurt your bottom line, they can severely damage your reputation in the marketplace. At HD Law Partners, we can help you get out ahead of any potentially embarrassing disputes involving employees.
Aggressive Representation For Your Business Concerns
Whatever type or size of business you are operating, being aware of the rules and regulations that govern it and protecting yourself against any potential disputes are key elements in ensuring your success. At HD Law Partners, our lawyers can help you to understand the requirements your business is subject to under the Florida Business Corporation Act, protecting you against future liability and legal snags that could jeopardize your success. We provide legal counsel to businesses and corporations in the following areas:
- Business formation and classification;
- Establishment of guidelines for shareholders and establishing board of directors;
- Drafting and overseeing legal contracts to protect your interests and avoid disputes;
- Legal advisement in the purchase or sale of other businesses or business materials;
- Defense of your interests through mergers and acquisitions;
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal codes;
- Overseeing financial statements and banking practices;
- Protection against violation of federal securities violations.
Protecting You Against Potential Losses and Claims
In addition to protecting your interests and assets in the operations of your business, HD Law Partners can provide valuable help in ensuring employee laws and standards are met, helping to avoid costly disputes and potential lawsuits and claims. Our business and commercial lawyers have extensive knowledge of U.S. Department of Labor regulations governing employees and their workspace, and can advise you on the best practices for your business in the following areas:
- Proper hiring practices to avoid discrimination claims;
- Establishing terms of employment and non-compete clauses;
- Worker wage and hourly requirements;
- Employee benefits and insurance provisions and contracts;
- Adherence to Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) regulations and standards;
- Florida workers’ compensation program administration and claims defense.
Contact Us Today for Immediate Help
If you own or operate a business, having professional, experienced legal representation is a key element to ensuring your company’s success. Get the trusted legal guidance your company needs and contact HD Law Partners today. Our Tampa business & corporate law attorneys provide comprehensive legal service and outstanding client service, protecting your most valuable assets and and helping to ensure your best chance for success. We serve clients throughout Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, and the surrounding areas, and we are happy to help you today.