Orlando Auto Liability Attorney
Florida’s large population and busy roads make for a crash-prone state, with Orlando having one of the highest numbers of auto crashes annually. Many of the personal injury and property damage claims brought to auto insurers are valid, yet often there is more to the picture than Driver A being fully to blame for Driver B’s injuries. Every auto claim must be thoroughly researched to uncover potential fraud, excessive damages, and comparative negligence. After all, of the more than 400,000 traffic collisions that occur in Florida every year, distracted driving is involved in over a quarter million incidents, according to the Florida Integrated Report Exchange System, showing the widespread propensity of distracted driving that nearly all drivers engage in. The Orlando auto liability attorneys with HD Law Partners are experienced in pouring through claims and picking out the invalid ones so that insurers are not stuck with paying the bills of an undeserving claimant. We serve clients in all types of cases, from catastrophic and major claims, global mediation, trials, and appeals of bodily injury, uninsured motorists, and subrogation actions.
Conducting a Thorough Investigation is the First Step to Uncovering an Invalid Claim
- How the Crash Occurred– Claimants are not always totally forthcoming about the events leading up to the crash, and how it occurred. Our attorneys scour police reports and witness statements to check on the validity of the claimant’s account of the crash.
- How Were Injuries Caused– Did the crash cause the injuries? Were the injuries pre-existing, or did they occur in another matter not related to the collision?
- Analyzing Negligence and Comparative Negligence– 90 percent of Americans admit to using their phones while driving, either by texting, talking, browsing the internet, or in another fashion, according to the New York Post. We work closely with investigators to determine whether the claimant’s own actions contributed to the crash. If the claimant is equally at fault, no compensation will be rewarded.
- Were there Other Defendants– Often, there are other parties involved in the collision that may share blame, including other drivers, road construction, product malfunction, or poorly designed or maintained road infrastructure.
- Will there be Future Damages– Have the proper experts been consulted regarding this complicated calculation? Has the calculation been properly discounted to present value?
- Punitive Damages– If punitive damages are being pursued, the claimant must be able to show that the defendant actually intended to cause the crash, which can be difficult to prove.
- Statute of Limitations for Filing a Lawsuit– The action must be brought within the statute of limitations, which is four years for personal injury incidents.
- Statute of Repose– Under Florida law, auto manufacturers are protected against claims brought against defective vehicles which were placed in service more than 12 years ago.
The Auto Liability Defense Attorneys of HD Law Partners Are Ready to Assist You Today
Due to the many variables that lead to a crash and the resulting injuries, it is necessary to investigate the true cause and results of many personal injury auto claims. Call the Orlando law offices of HD Law Partners today at 888-267-5651 for professional help.