Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
HD Law Partners Tampa Business Litigation Attorney

Can I get visitation or custody, even though I was not married to the mother, and I am not on the birth certificate?

In Florida, the law is that each biological parent gets equal custody of the children. However, if the parents are unwed and the father is not on the birth certificate, he has no rights to the child and also no requirements of paying child support. What you would have to do is initiate a paternity suit.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation