Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The state of Florida offers nearly ideal conditions for motorcyclists: plenty of sunshine, warm temperatures, and lots of open road. But while riding a motorcycle in Fort Myers and surrounding areas may give pure euphoria to some, riding a motorcycle in our state is extremely dangerous. In fact, in a single year, there were more motorcycle fatalities reported in Florida than in any other state in the nation, as well as hundreds of motorcyclists injured in serious but non-fatal crashes.
While motorcycle accidents are caused by various factors, often, the fault of the driver of a motor vehicle is to blame. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash, our Fort Myers motorcycle accident attorneys are here to support you.
Top Causes of Motorcycle Crashes
After a motorcycle accident occurs, determining the cause of that crash is of critical importance – the motorcyclist will maintain the right to file a claim for damages against the at-fault party. Our lawyers will open a comprehensive investigation to determine how your motorcycle accident occurred and against whom a claim should be filed. Some of the top causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- Drivers’ negligence. When drivers’ operate their vehicles negligently, motorcyclists can become victims. Examples of drivers’ negligence that leads to motorcycle accidents include speeding, driving while intoxicated, distracted driving, tailgating, and other illegal maneuvers.
- Road conditions. Sometimes, a motorcycle accident occurs as a result of an unsafe road condition, such as an improperly marked construction site or a pothole that’s gone unrepaired. When this is the case, the party responsible for road maintenance may be held liable.
- Vehicle defects. Finally, in rare cases, a vehicle defect may be to blame for a crash. Things like defective tires that lead to blowouts, defective brakes that malfunction, and more can cause serious crashes.
Injuries and Damages from Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists, even when helmeted and wearing proper riding gear, have few protections in the event that they are in a crash. As such, the injuries and damages suffered by a motorcyclist in a crash may be severe, and often include:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Bone fractures;
- Internal injuries;
- Road rash/road burn injuries; and
- Soft tissue injuries.
In addition to injuries, a motorcyclist may incur high medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage expenses. This is in addition to the pain, suffering, and emotional anguish that a motorcyclist must endure as a result of the crash.
Call Our Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
When you are harmed in a crash, you deserve compensation. Our Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyers at the firm of HD Law Partners will assist you in bringing forth a claim against the liable party and recovering the full value of damages suffered. We have spent years navigating the personal injury claims process, and understand what it takes to get our clients the settlements they deserve. To schedule your free consultation with our lawyers, please call us today or send us a message directly.