Wesley Chapel Auto Liability Attorney
Florida has some of the most dangerous roads in the country. Each year there are 350,000 auto accidents with a little under half of those resulting in bodily injuries. Of course, not all of those claims are legitimate or valid. Sometimes claimants want their auto insurance to cover pre-existing injuries. Sometimes they do not file claims properly. Sometimes they file claims against the wrong defendant. Sometimes the accident did not occur the way they said it did. HD Law Partners ensures that claims made against their own or another party’s insurance are valid, name the appropriate defendant, and are valued appropriately.
We represent personal and commercial auto lines in first party claims, third party claims, and actions that involve liability beyond the scope of the policy. We’ve managed lawsuits tried at both the state and federal level.
The experienced Wesley Chapel auto liability attorneys at HD Law Partners can help mediate claims that involve catastrophic injuries. We can also manage trials and appeals of all coverages including bodily injury, uninsured motorists, and subrogation.
Many clients come to us after a car accident has left them shaken and confused about what to do. At HD Law Partners, we have represented injured motorists in all sorts of car crashes, and we are anxious to assist you in any way that we can.
Common Car Accidents
We have experience representing clients in the following types of accidents:
- Rear end collisions: These often occur when a vehicle is following too closely and collides at an intersection because it does not have enough time to stop.
- T-bones: One car slams into the side of another, usually at an intersection.
- Head-on collisions: These deadly collisions often happen when one driver drifts into the lane of another. Many head-on collisions are the cause of drunk drivers.
- One car is parallel to another and slams into it, often because the driver lost control.
- A vehicle loses control and lands on its side or its roof. Rollovers often happen when a car tries to turn while going downhill or after a vehicle drives onto a soft shoulder.
However the accident occurs, you should immediately receive medical attention to treat your injuries and any injuries suffered by your passengers. The faster you receive medical attention, the more likely you are to make a full recovery.
Car Accident Injuries
Many clients come to us with painful injuries that leave them out of work for weeks or longer. For example, we have seen:
- Soft-tissue injuries, such as strains, sprains, and contusions
- Broken bones, including compound fractures
- Burn injuries
- Lacerations, cuts, and abrasions
- Head injuries
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
In some particularly devastating crashes, motorists have ended up dead, leaving behind family members worried about how they will support themselves in the future. At HD Law Partners, we can help you receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. Each case is different, so you should meet for a consultation to discuss the specifics of your case.
Florida is a no-fault state, so injured motorists will first make a claim with their own insurer for personal injury protection (PIP) benefits. However, most PIP policies are only for $10,000, which is quickly exhausted on basic medical care. If you have lost wages or serious injuries, you will need much more than that.
In some situations, you can bring a lawsuit if the other driver is to blame for the accident and you have permanent injuries. Whether you can bring a lawsuit is a complicated decision and one you should discuss with an auto liability attorney in Wesley Chapel.
Avoid delay. Florida gives injured motorists a limited amount of time to bring a lawsuit. If you wait too long, you will lose out on your ability to receive compensation.
How Can HD Law Partners Help Your Company?
The auto liability defense team at HD Law can manage:
- Accident Occurrence. Did the accident occur the way the claimant said it did? Our firm will review witness statements, police reports, photographic evidence, and video evidence to reconstruct the most likely way that the accident happened. This includes employing the skills of expert analysts who can make a judgment on the most likely cause of the accident.
- Injury Causation. Our expert analysts can determine whether or not a claimant’s injuries are the proximate cause of the accident. We can also determine what impact the driver’s own negligence had on their injuries. This can reduce the insured’s liability.
- Negligence and Comparative Negligence. We can help determine if the facts support the claim of the insured’s liability. Likewise, we can determine if the insured’s liability is reduced by the facts of the case.
- Other Defendants. There may be instances in which road construction, defective airbags, or other drivers may also have some liability for a claimant’s injuries. This could significantly reduce the insured’s liability. We can help make this determination.
- Calculation of Future Damages. There may be some instances in which a claimant is saying that they deserve to be paid for future medical expenses and future missed time from work. Do the facts support this claim? Have the proper experts been consulted?
- Punitive Damages. If a claimant is saying that the insured acted with malicious intent or was grossly negligent, we can help determine if the facts fit that narrative. We can hold the claimant responsible for the legal standard of proof in these cases.
- Statute of Limitations. If the claim was not made within the required statute of limitations then, in most cases, we can get the claim summarily dismissed.
- Statute of Repose. In instances where a claim is made against an automaker for a vehicle that was placed in service 12 years ago or longer, we can generally get the claim summarily dismissed.
Speak with an Auto Liability Attorney in Wesley Chapel
At HD Law Partners, we have obtained favorable settlements and jury verdicts for many of our clients, and we are anxious to hear about the facts of your case. To schedule your free consultation, please contact us today.