Tampa Auto Liability Attorney
Across the state of Florida in a typical year, Florida drivers may be involved in upwards of 350,000 crashes, with about 150,000 involving injury and 200,000 causing property damage. Florida drivers certainly keep their insurance carriers busy, but claims may be invalid or excessive. HD Law Partners helps out by making sure claims are valid, lodged against the appropriate defendant, and accurately valued. Our firm represents insurers of personal and commercial auto lines in first party claims, third party claims, and actions involving extra-contractual liability in state and federal court. Our experienced Tampa auto liability attorneys engage in global mediations of catastrophic and major claims, as well as trials and appeals of all coverages, including bodily injury, uninsured motorists, and subrogation actions.
Our automobile liability defense practice encompasses the following issues, among others:
- Accident occurrence – Did the accident occur the way the claimant says it did? We review police reports and witness statements, and employ accident reconstructionists and other experts as necessary to uncover the facts.
- Injury causation – Was the collision both the cause in fact and the proximate (legal) cause of the claimed injuries, or are there other factors which intervened or superseded the incident?
- Negligence and comparative negligence – Do the facts support the claim of the insured’s liability? To what extent does the other driver’s own negligence operate to reduce the insured’s liability?
- Other defendants – Are there other drivers who are primarily or partially responsible for the accident? Does liability actually lie with auto manufacturers, government road construction agencies, or other parties?
- Calculation of future damages – Have the proper experts been consulted regarding this complicated calculation? Has the calculation been properly discounted to present value?
- Punitive damages – Do the facts support a showing of intentional misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the defendant? Is this claim supported by clear and convincing evidence?
- Statute of limitations – Was the action brought within the statutorily-required timeframe?
- Statute of repose – Is a claim being lodged against an auto manufacturer for an alleged defect in an automobile that was placed in service more than 12 years ago? Florida law protects auto makers from such exposure after a certain period.
Get Help from Experienced, Successful Tampa Auto Liability Defense Attorneys
There are many factors to consider in an auto liability claim for bodily injury or property damage. Seek the assistance of experienced Florida litigators with a proven record of success defending insurers in auto liability claims. Call HD Law Partners in Tampa at 813-253-5333, or in Orlando at 800-876-3392.